Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (“CCPA”), WEST COAST TOMATO GROWERS INC (the “Company”) provides this notice and disclosure to job applicants and employees who reside in California. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice. Individuals with disabilities are welcome to obtain from the Company this Notice in an alternative format.
This Notice describe the categories of personal information we collect, examples of the personal information for each category, and for what purpose we use that personal information. Please share this Notice with your emergency contacts, dependents, domestic partner and/or spouse about whom you provide personal information to us.
This Notice is not a job offer or promise of employment. Rather, this Notice is solely to provide job applicants and employees with a full disclosure of personal information that may be collected and used by the Company as part of the employment and/or job application process, in accordance with California privacy laws.
Personal Information We Collect
As part of your job application and/or employment, the Company will collect information that identifies, relates to, describes or references you, or is capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked to you, directly or indirectly. In particular, the Company may or will collect the following categories of “personal information” about you:
- Identifiers. Your real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Employment and personal information listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). This category includes, for example, your name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, photograph, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, current employment, employment history, membership in professional organizations, licenses and certifications, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial, medical or health insurance information. (Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.)
- Protected characteristics under California or federal law. Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information), and any other characteristic protected by law
- Commercial information. Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information. Genetic, physiological, behavioral or biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, video security surveillance, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
- Internet or other similar network activity. This includes browsing history, search history, and information on your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Professional or employment-related information. Current or past job history or performance evaluations, to the extent permitted by law.
- Non-public education information. Education records maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, student disciplinary records, and degrees and vocational certifications obtained.
- Audio, electronic, and visual information. Activities and usage of the Company’s electronic devices and systems, as well as video cameras.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
At this time, the Company does not intend to collect your commercial information (such as records of personal property, products or services purchased or obtained) or geolocation data regarding your physical location or movements.
How We Use Personal Information
The Company may use or disclose your personal information for, or in the course of, one or more of the following business purposes (not all uses apply to every individual):
- To comply with local, state and federal laws that require businesses to collect, monitor, maintain or disclose certain records regarding applicants, employees or contract workers;
- To assess your ability, fitness or eligibility to perform job duties and work;
- To obtain and verify background checks, criminal history, motor vehicle records, credit history, and/or drug testing (as permitted by law), as well as your emergency contacts and references;
- To schedule travel and pay for or reimburse you for covered business expenses related to the job application or interview, employment, or similar expenses;
- To maintain and protect the rights, security, health and safety of job applicants, employees, clients and others, as well as our facilities, premises, electronic systems (including email, phones and internet use) and other Company property;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- To provide you with information, products or services related to the job opportunity or employment or as requested by you from the Company;
- To provide you with notices or announcements concerning business operations, opportunities, or policies that may be relevant and/or of interest to you;
- To manage licenses, permits and authorizations applicable to our business operations;
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information was provided to the Company;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company is among the assets transferred.
The Company will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. If you are employed by the Company, we will notify you of any other policies that affect your privacy. Please ask us if you have any questions about this Notice.